Get to know....The Piplets!
Some of you may or may not be familiar to the Cerikci family! They are a family of eight, three of which are triplet boys! Mum Claire describes herself as 'A fun loving crazy mumma to six. I like to explore and be outside with the kids giving them opportunities to learn and be free to roam' We absolutely love following the families adventures and we are sure you will to. We asked Claire and the family 10 questions to get to know them better and for advice on road tripping with children!
1. If you could describe your family in three words what would they be?
Crazy, loving and full on.
2. Where is your favourite holiday destination to go as a family?
As a family our favourite place to holiday would be Norfolk in the UK or Le Touquet in France.
3. Claire how do you keep everyone entertained in the school holidays?
We do a mixture of things to try and keep everyone happy. We do a combination of free days out so beaches, rivers, woods and parks and staying at home playing with the neighbours. Then we also look for new places or old favourites for days out like theme parks, cinema and country farms.
4. What is your favourite family activity?
Going to the woods or the beach as both mean freedom for everyone.
5. Pool or Beach?
6. How did Kutay get on with his first trip abroad without the family? (Kutay is 11 and recently went on a trip to Spain with his tennis club)
He is doing really well we are so proud of him. He has had to work really hard and he is shattered but he is having so much fun.
7. Do you have any advice for road tripping with kids?
Don't think what if - just do it. It's an amazing experience I actually wish we could have done all summer. Plan your route in advance and look up local places of beauty and attractions. Be prepared for all weathers.
8. What are your 5 must haves for a family road trip?
Swimming shorts! Lots of snacks, plenty of clothes for all eventualities, bikes and no gadgets other than GPS and a camera ( no phones tablets for the kids)
9. What was your most memorable experience this summer?
Our most memorable day this summer was Falling Foss in Yorkshire. We climbed down to a waterfall which was stunning. But the climb up turned into a real life Famous Five adventure. It was scary and thrilling all at the same time. We will never forget it.
10. Where will your next adventure take you?
We would love to explore Scotland more or Cornwall. They both have the most amazing places of natural beauty.